Thursday, April 5, 2007

Almost There!

Welcome to the "unofficial" blog of the US Adult National Championships!

As a journalist in Portland, OR I cover the gamut of stories. So, I thought why not cover Nationals in Chicago! Those who can't make it to the event are always wondering what's happening moment to moment. You get results from US Figure Skating and a few stories on the BIG events, but not much news on what's really going on behind the scenes. There's just not enough man power! So check in here all next week. I'll try to update as often as I can with news and tid-bits. Keep in mind, my partner and I are competing in Gold Dance too, so I'll be a busy girl and won't be able to cover everything.

We arrive Sunday night in Chicago. I doubt we'll get any ice time at that point because we have to pick up the rental car and check into our hotel. Thank goodness I made reservations WAAAAY in advance. We got into the closest hotel to the rink. Yeah! We'll practice Monday morning and then check out some of the sites of Chicago. As a professional photographer (on the side), I hope to bring you many, many pictures!

See you all in Chicago!!!
Until Next Time,
---J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a grat job you are doing!
Wish I could be there.
CG

lskater said...

Hey Julia,

You don't know me, but I skate freestyle here in Vancouver. I know Marilu from Seattle and I share Wed morning ice with Shannon and Bill..I'll have to introduce myself next time I see you at the rink. Anyway, please tell everyone to skate great! I'll be anxious to hear about it when you all get back! Wish I was with you all...maybe next year...

Lisa Yates