Monday, April 9, 2007

Pictures! Lots Of Pictures!

This woman---along with all the other staff and volunteers at AN...rock! Thank you for all your hard work!

This is Co-Registrar, Lois Todd at the check-in desk. This wonderful lady made check-in a piece of cake! In the competitors packet we got a cool CD case with the Nationals 2007 logo on the front. Neat! Great place to keep all my compulsory dance music.
And speaking of all things SWEET...it's Jay, our cookie man! Every year, Jay brings dozens and dozens and dozens of home-baked cookies and just hands them out to all the competitors. His Chocolate chip? The BEST! Word is...he's brought 100 dozen cookies this year. He baked ALL day Saturday and drove up here yesterday! Do the math? That's 1200 cookies! We love Jay (that's me with him below). Although, I WILL end up 5 pounds heavier when I leave here! LOL

Tonight five of us dancers had dinner at a great little Italian joint. Tim & Terri (Pre-Gold Dance) and one of Portland's own teams arrived in town today. Here's a few from dinner: Pictured are: Jordan, Kia, Terri, Tim and myself.





Below: Aren't they cutest team EVER!!! Molly and Kia are a US Nationals staple. This competition would not be what it is if they were not part of it. The two of them are the most special, wonderful, sportsman-like people I have ever met, and Jordan and I absolutely adore them. They are true ambassadors of Adult Ice Dancing. Yes, we compete against them this year, but that does not matter. They are always our friends first. That's the great thing about AN. It's camaraderie first, competition second. That's what makes being an adult so fun.

Jordan...after practice. Head phones in---once again! LOL. I love to tease him. He can take it and oh boy, he can dish it too!

Kianoosh---after practice today. Poor guy took a spill at tonight's practice and bonked his head. Thank goodness he is ok! Although at dinner he sure was saying some odd things! LOL. Just kidding, Kia!
The West Rink: Nice ICE!!! It's fast, it's clean and the rink is actually not that cold. A Miracle!
So, according to the manual of my little Sony Cybershot Point-and-shoot camera....this thing will actually shoot video. So, tomorrow, my plan is to try and upload some videotape of dance practices through "You Tube." It'll be a trial run, but if it works...then I'll be doing ALL kinds of fun stuff on this blog this week! I think I can even run polls on here? I'll check into it more tomorrow. Maybe I'll hold a who looks the best contest?? Or who which flavor of Jay's famous cookies takes the gold medal!

Until Next Time,

----J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, three words ... "Red Eye Reduction"!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool pic of the main rink - thanks for sharing :-)

~ Tim David