Monday, April 9, 2007

You Know That Feeling?


When you are the last one standing at the luggage carousel and your skates still haven't come off the plane? You envision your glorious, perfectly sharp blades and their bleach-white boots heading off to some back country town in Alabama, North Dakota or Wyoming. And you start mumbling prayers under your breathe that the plane with your skates on it will somehow make it back to Chicago by the time you compete....
Well, thank goodness I didn't have to pray long! In my brief panic, just as I'm about to say, "Oh no," the bag comes sauntering around S-curve of the baggage wheel. Phew!


So...with all that said, we're here! The plane ride was uneventful. Jordan had head phones on the whole time. I sat in my seat finishing the last of the rhinestoning on my compulsory dance dress. And spent the last hour of the four hour ride reading trashy, entertainment magazines like US Weekly, Star and In Touch. I refuse to engage in this type of literary genre unless I am on the beach or in a jet streaking across the sky. LOL. It sure is fun when I have the excuse to do it though!


So we spent an hour or so exploring the area around the rinks last night. It's very charming! ...At least it was in the dark! Today we practice at noon and then we're off to go explore Chicago. I'll try to report on that later today. I'm having a few computer issues, so bear with me!

Until Next Time,
---J

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's such a gluttonous pleasure reading entertainment "news", isn't it?!? LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

On the way to compete at Synchro Easterns this year in Providence, my skates didn't make it on the plane! I lost sleep, developed a migraine and it was an overall crummy time!

Who would think that such a thing could make us go so crazy?

They made it into the area that night and I was able to pick them up right before unofficial practice. Phew!

GOOD LUCK ON FRIDAY!!!

~L

Anonymous said...

Oh, but at least we ended up winning our division!

~L

Anonymous said...

maybe, it's about time they, the magazine publishers put your pictures and stories in the one of there magazines. i think you deserved it.

again, good luck to you and to terri on friday...