Thursday, April 12, 2007

What a Way to Start!

Holy Sheep!

We're in FIRST place! I can't even believe it! It is sooooo close though. All four teams in Gold dance are awesome and it is a TIGHT race. With the new IJS in place first and second place are separated by only 0.07 points! It's ANYONE'S game Friday night.

Paul and Michelle are behind us, then Molly and Kia and then June and Walter.


The Quickstep was a bit shaky, nerves.... but we let it rip in the Argentine Tango. I nailed that twizzle and was so excited! So fun. No asthma, no nothing! It was a great night and we are riding high for the moment (key word...for the "moment").


Pre-Gold is COMPETITIVE too! But Terri and Tim are standing in Second place right now. whooo hooo! Go Portland, OR! They WON the Starlight Waltz. It was gorgeous and they deserved it whole-heartedly. Kyomi and Neil are in first place overall, and Nancy and Mike are in third. I think that's how it is. Not totally sure, but that's the most I can remember right now. It's super late and I am exhausted. I took a TON of pictures today, so I will post them all in the morning, when I am not so tired (speaking of which....please ignore any typos to which can be attributed to my sleepy state....Michelle H. !!!! LOL).


Oh, and Oregon Public Broadcasting called me today. I did a telephone interview with them and they broadcast a 2-3 minute piece on the Portland, OR dancers all across Oregon this afternoon. Neato! Here's the link: http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/opb/news.newsmain?action=article&ARTICLE_ID=1065812


Wow, what a night. Exhausting, exhilerating, adrenanline rushed...high...low....anxious, excited, apprehensive, and all smiles. I am beat.


Oh...one pic: Terri and I celebrating with DESSERT! Yeah boys, you WILL lift us Friday! We deserve chocolate after all the hard work today! (They were secretly across the table from us saying "please push the plate away....please push the plate away!" LOL)



Good Night!! I love this competition. It is the most fun you can have.


Until tomorrow,

---J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Hmmmm, in every picture of me, I'm EATING!!) The pre-gold dancers were all amazing last night. We are honored to be among them.
Terri

Anonymous said...

Good going pre-gold dancers!! way to go Terri and Tim! Trying to keep up from home and missing being there. Hoping to see some video.
Diane (and Anthony)

Anonymous said...

Julia, you should've heard the peanut gallery as you took to the ice last night! There was a buzz in the stands... "That's her! That's her! That's the girl who does the blog!" "Oh really? She's THE ONE?!?" You are a self-made celebrity! :-)
We all love reading your blogs - keep up the great work (on and off the ice!)