Friday, April 13, 2007

Another Rockin Night In Dance!

Check out these beaming faces! You're looking at the leaders of the IR in Silver dance, Marilu Campbell and Bob Raemer (Our coach Anothny Darnell is there too. Oh and that's Marilu's mom!)!



The results "wall" right after Silver dance:
Bob, not believing what he's seeing....you deserved it Bob! You skated great!
John and Kathi Gatti: In 2nd place Silver Dance. They were shocked as heck too! What's up with the surprises? You all looked fab!
Thursday night's Portland teams with coach Anthony Darnell:
Bob and Marilu after their winning Foxtrot!

Portland's own Shannon Conroy and Bill Cloran before their Tango. Bill looked divine in his red sash! They are currently tied for 3rd place in Silver Dance.
Marilu and Bob in the Tango!
Sherri Martinelli deciding that the stuffed toys were soley thrown to her and NOT her partner! You are so cute! (Mine! Mine! Mine!)
Cenntennial dance IR winners Lauren Zell and Mike Barsotti---they rocked the house last night! No one can Rocker Foxtrot quite like Lauren!

Bill and Shannon! Go Portland!

Shannon and her sister. Aren't they just the most adorable siblings? I think they are communicating telepathically at this moment.
More Silver Dance!
Margaret and Jim: So lovely. Margaret ALWAYS has a smile on her face no matter what!


Silver & Cenntennial Dance:

Six teams, all very nice. The dances: Foxtrot and Silver Tango. Marilu and Bob won both of them! The crowds in the stands loved this event and even though Silver Dance and Cenntennial Dance stretched beyond the 10 pm hour, the spectators stayed to see all the action. Cenntennial dance was spectacular. To watch Lauren and Mike sweep the IR of the event was so fun. They really did deserve it too. Portland is soooo proud of everyone!


Championship Dance:

Mike and Julie---need I say more!??!! They blew the competition out of the water as always and skated a HUGE Blues! Their end pattern came out a good 15 feet from the boards! No joke! I have no idea how she hangs on to that swing roll! Great edge, Jules!

Liz and Carl are in second place with a great blues and a fun Quickstep. Molly and Kia are in third place with what Kia call "the nicest compulsories we have done."


Everyone wanted to watch Championship Dance and the stands were packed. Her's some pics Michelle Harvath sent to me to post.

I just love that girl! She has got to be the coolest, funniest and hippest skater, photog, friend/person around. She also blows me out of the water when it comes to shooting pics! I wish I had your talent, girl! Thanks for the contribution. OMG! I have a real "Harvath" works on my blog!
Awwww...aren't they cute?
Me and Mish!
Me and Jordan watching Champ Dance! Jordan is so sick of me and a camera! Can you tell? LOL. Poor guy. Just one more day, my friend! One more day. And I won't take your picture for another year! I promise!
Tonight, we skate our OD. The race for Gold Dance is sooo TIGHT! The hope is to just have fun, and skate the best we can. We've overcome injuries and personal strife to get here and just getting through a clean prorgam will be a blessing. Think good thoughts for us please!
Any comments you want to leave...please do so. I LOVE reading them! It really does inspire me to post more and do more! Can you believe this blog has had over 1500 readers these past few days??? And they are from as far away as England and Russia! Wow!I was shocked! Thanks so much for your support everyone! Adult skating rocks!
Ok we are off to go watch the Pre-Gold Final Round. Good Luck to Tim and Terri!
T and T are dynamite!!!! We Love you!
Until Next Time,
---J
PS I'll post what I can about Pre-Gold as soon as I can!



10 comments:

Lisa Hoberg said...

Great blog! And great photos! Good luck to you and Jordan, Julia and to all of the FABULOUS PDX skaters!!

Fingers crossed.
Lsia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the excitement of AN with those of us who couldn't be there. I'm sure everyone else is enjoying the pictures and commentary as much as I am. :) Good luck to everyone this evening and tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you!

ice-dance.com said...

Love reading your posts Julia! Say hi to Paul and Michelle for me (and Jordan too). Go have a blast in the OD!

Anonymous said...

People who blog nationals ROCK! ;-)

Sounds like a wonderful time. One of these days I must go!

Can't wait for the next entry. Give my love to Paul & Michelle.

Anonymous said...

So great to read all the funtimes our US friends are having at AN. Wish we could be there to cheer you on. Please say hi to Paul and Michelle and Kia and Molly from Pam and Cliff in Vancouver, Canada. Have great skates all of you.
Pam and Cliff

Anonymous said...

Your blog is awesome. I've been reading it every day! You look like you are having so much fun!Good luck to you tonight. Love you lots lil sis!:)

Bob Roush said...

I have been enjoying your blog, keep it up.

Congratulations on you Metal! I heard the results on KATU news last night.

Anonymous said...

This is fun reading this. I feel like I'm skating on the ice... Wheeeeee!

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Keebler said...

The world's smallest digital voice recorder featuring uncompressed "broadcast quality" (Linear PCM) recording better than CD recordings. Cockpit Voice Recorders, often known as CVRs, are required equipment in all commercial aircraft operating throughout the world. So with my last two questions, I wanted to talk a bit more about Metaphysics and Ascended Masters, and ask if it's sort of trippy knowing that you're "Arten" from Gary's books, or even that you were St Thaddeus in a previous incarnation? Docking & Wireless iPod / iPad Speakers. small audio recorder Pocket Voice Recorder is a small sound recorder that can record up to 10 minutes of audio from your microphone or any other input line available with your sound card.